Together at Cardiff Bursary
We provide full time undergraduate and postgraduate students who are care leavers, estranged, military experienced and young adult carers with a bursary of £1,000 per year of their academic study.
To be eligible you must be:
- full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught student
- be eligible for funding as a home (UK) student
and meet one or more of the following:
- be a care leaver who is under 25 before the start of their course
- be an estranged student who is under 25 before the start of their course
- be a military experienced student who served in the British Armed Forces full time for 4 years (not cadets or reservists) undertaking a course no more than ten years after discharge
- be an unpaid carer for a family member of friend with an illness, disability, mental health condition or addiction and under 25 before the start of the course
To apply you will need to provide a copy of your discharge papers as confirmation of your eligibility.
How to apply
Students will need to disclose to our Together at Cardiff support after enrolment to be eligible. If you have indicated that you meet one of the groups supported by Together at Cardiff via the tick box in your UCAS application or at enrolment you will be contacted directly via email.
Once you have made your application you will continue to receive the bursary for the duration of your course, unless you have notified us explaining your circumstances have changed. The payment is made in two instalments in November and March.
Students can disclose to the Together at Cardiff team at any time throughout their studies.
Find out more about Together at Cardiff support.
For more details about this award, please get in touch.
We help care-experienced, estranged, military-experienced, carers and asylum seekers, by providing advice and support to support during and after university.