Young Adult Carers Bursary
We provide full time undergraduate and postgraduate young adult carers with a bursary of £1000 per year of their academic course.
To be eligible students must be:
- a full time undergraduate or postgraduate taught student and
- under 25 when you started your course and
- be eligible for funding as a “home” student and
- be an unpaid carer for a family member or friend with an illness or disability, mental health condition or an addiction.
To evidence this you will need to provide a letter of support on headed note paper or organisation email from one of the following:
- a third-party professional, e.g. school, GP or medical professional
- carers support group or support worker
- or evidence of receipt of Carers Allowance claim prior to the course
If you are unable to provide supporting evidence from the above list please speak to our dedicated contact Lena Smith.
Find out more
For more details about this award, please contact Lena Smith.