Pathway to a degree in Medical Pharmacology
The Pathway to a degree in Medical Pharmacology has been designed for adult learners interested in returning to education.
This pathway would be ideal for students who want to pursue a career in biomedical research within the pharmaceutical industry or other biomedical fields.
The Pathway is made up of 60 credits worth of compulsory modules. All modules are completed in the evening and during weekends.
Applicants wishing to enrol on the Pathway to a degree in Medical Pharmacology will need 5 GCSEs A-C/9-4 including Maths, English/Welsh and Double Science (or Chemistry and another Science) and A Level Chemistry B or above.
- Introduction to Human Biology (20 credits)
- Medical Imaging and the Human Body (10 credits)
- Diseases and Disorders of the Brain (10 credits)
- Research Methods (10 credits)
- Social Psychology (10 credits) or Disease in the developing world (10 credits)
Under normal circumstances, you can expect to complete the pathway within one year, but you can take longer if needed.
Information about funding and finance can be found here (link to funding and finance pages).
If you have any queries or would like to find out more about this pathway, please contact: