Pathway to a degree in Translation
Our pathway to a degree in translation is taught by people who have expert subject knowledge and the ability to support, inspire and share their learning with you.
How it works
The pathway is made up of 60 credits and is equivalent to 50% of the first year of a degree. It is intended to provide you with the linguistic skills and intellectual preparation needed to study for a degree in translation.
You can choose to focus on one language and study a single honours or study two languages as a joint honours.
You will need to gain 60 credits in one language, or 30 credits in each of your two languages at stage E or higher.
Language module options include:
- Lower Advanced French - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced French - Stage F (30 credits).
- Higher Advanced - Stage H (30 credits)
- Lower Advanced German - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced German - Stage F (30 credits).
- Lower Advanced Italian - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced Italian - Stage F (30 credits).
- Lower Advanced Spanish - Stage E (30 credits)
- Advanced Spanish - Stage F (30 credits).
Under normal circumstances, you can expect to complete the pathway within one year, but you can take longer if needed.
Information about funding and finance can be found here.
If you have any queries or would like to find out more about this pathway please contact:
We offer flexible learning, specialist tutors, extensive facilities and opportunities to progress.