Proof of identity documentation
In order to obtain a Cardiff University student ID card, you'll need to provide proof of your identity.
You must bring the following:
- Original passport
- Stamped entry clearance vignette (where applicable)
- Biometric Residence Permit
If you don't have any of these, you will not be issued with a student card. Please contact the Student Support Centre as soon as possible for advice.
International Student Support enquiries
Contact us through Student Connect
EEA National students with EU Settlement Scheme
You must upload an original EEA passport as part of the enrolment process.
If you can't provide this document, you will not be able to complete registration with the University.
UK National students
You must upload one of the following as part of the enrolment process:
- original passport
- naturalisation certificate
- right of abode certificate
- birth certificate.
If you do not have one of these forms of ID, you will only be granted temporary registration. You will have six weeks from the start of your course to provide one of these forms of ID, or your registration with the University may be cancelled.
How to get temporary registration
You will need to provide two of the following forms of ID (one of which must contain your address, confirmed during enrolment, as held on the University student record):
- UK photographic driving licence
- tenancy agreement or mortgage documentation
- debit card (only at ID card collection venue)
- current credit card or charge card (only at ID card collection venue)
- bank or building society book (only at ID card collection venue)
- cheque book (only at ID card collection venue)
- full driving licence (without photo)
- utility bill
- marriage certificate
- Home Office documents
- Inland Revenue documents
- work permit
- National Insurance card
- correspondence from the Student Loans Company or local authority.