The Beacon Scholarship
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We are proud to be a partner university of The Beacon Scholarship scheme for undergraduate courses.
The Beacon Scholarship is a change-maker programme that offers access for financially disadvantaged students from Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to undergraduate programmes of study at world class schools and universities.
The scholarship is awarded to students from Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda looking to study a 3-4 year undergraduate course (excluding medicine). Tuition and maintenance fees are split three ways, with a third coming from the university partner, a third from Beacon, and a third from the scholar's parents, sponsor or guardians. The programme includes leadership training and development, an away and home country mentor network, and a goal-setting performance management system.
To be eligible for this scheme, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- their normal residence is in Kenya, Tanzania or Uganda
- leadership capabilities:
- academic excellence
- achievement in sport, music or drama
- social influence and communication
- a capacity to study independently overseas
- financial need for study, ie annual gross household income not exceeding £80k (US$100k)
- that they are aged 18-21
- a commitment to return to their home country within one month of degree completion.
If a candidate is seeking to apply for The Beacon Scholarship for entry into Cardiff University, they will need to already have received an offer to study from the University.
How to apply
For full information about this scheme and its application procedure, please visit The Beacon Scholarship website.