Commonwealth Master's Scholarship Programme
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Commonwealth Master's Scholarships are a joint initiative between the UK government-funded Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) and UK universities.
Commonwealth Master's Scholarships are available for students from low and middle-income countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK, enabling them to benefit from full-time Master's study at a UK university.
The scholarships are offered under six key themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
To apply for these scholarships, students must be postgraduate applicants from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries only, who wish to study programmes which fall under the six key themes.
Further eligibility criteria, including a list of eligible Commonwealth countries, can be found on the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
Please note that Cardiff University does not administer this scholarship and that all eligibility enquiries and applications should be directed to the Commonwealth Association or the British Council within your home country. For further information, please see the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission website.
How to apply
Please ensure that you check with the nominating agency in your home country for the relevant deadlines for your application.
Applications should be made through either a selected non-governmental organisation and charitable body or through your national nominating agency for Commonwealth scholarships in your home country.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission expects all Commonwealth Scholarship candidates to be nominated by an approved nominating body, and to have completed an application form online using the Electronic Application System (EAS). There is no charge for candidates who apply using this online application system.
Other CSC Scholarships
In addition to the Master's Scholarship, the CSC offers:
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for least developed countries and fragile states)
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (for low and middle income countries)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries)
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships