Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarships
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our Undergraduate International Excellence scholarships for 2024 offer a number of half-fee scholarships to undergraduate international students who can demonstrate their academic potential.
How to apply
The scholarships are open to new undergraduate international students starting an eligible programme in autumn 2024.
Students who hold an offer to study at Cardiff University on an eligible programme will be invited by email to complete an application form, which must be submitted by 23:59 UK time on 5 April 2024.
The application form will include the following questions, which must each be answered within a 200-word limit:
- What are your reasons for wanting to study at Cardiff University, on your chosen programme of study?
- Describe a significant achievement in your student life or in your working career to date, and explain the impact it had on other people or the organisation.
- How would you help spread the word about Cardiff University as a study destination?
- Cardiff University is committed to leadership in sustainability and improving our environmental performance. Our vision is towards building an inclusive, sustainable, and resilient future for our community and bring about environmental benefits to Cardiff and the wider world.
Describe how your future career in your chosen subject area will have a positive impact or contribution to addressing one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainability Goals.
- scholarship application deadline: 23:59 on 5 April 2024
- scholarship acceptance deadline: 2 weeks after award allocation*
- meeting of offer conditions: 20 August 2024
*scholarships which are not accepted within this timeframe may be reallocated to other students.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- be classed as an international student for fee-paying purposes
- be self-financed and not in receipt of non-repayable funding from alternative sources
- be holding an offer for an eligible undergraduate degree commencing in autumn 2024 at the point of submitting your scholarship application
- achieve a minimum of AAB at A-level or equivalent qualification
- submit your scholarship application by 23:59 Friday 5th April 2024 (UK time)
- be able to evidence that you meet all entry requirements of your chosen course, including English language requirements by the required UCAS deadline
Conditional offer holders
- you must confirm Cardiff University as your firm choice by the UCAS deadline, and meet all offer conditions, including any English language conditions, by 20 August 2024
- applicants who do not meet the requirements of their formal UCAS offer will not be eligible for the Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship, even if they are accepted to the university
Unconditional offer holders
- you must confirm Cardiff University as your firm choice by your UCAS deadline.
Recipients of the scholarship will receive the award in the form of a tuition fee waiver/discount. No cash alternative is available and the award cannot be used in place of any required deposit.
The scholarship is for full-time students who will be based on the Cardiff campus and will start their studies in Autumn 2024. The award cannot be used for any other year of entry.
Only self-funding international students are eligible and you must be confirmed as an overseas student for fee-paying purposes. The scholarship is not open to students who are in receipt of funding from external bodies such as local government, charities or private organisations.
Further terms and conditions apply, please see our terms and conditions document for full details.
The following programmes are eligible for the Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship:
- BSc Accounting
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Business Management
- BSc Business Management (Inter Management)
- BSc Business Management (Logistics and Operations)
- BSc Business Management (Marketing)
- BSc Business Management with Welsh
- BSc Business Management (Human Resource Management)
- BScEcon Banking and Finance
- BScEcon Business Economics
- BScEcon Economics
- BSc Biochemistry (3 years)
- BSc Biological Sciences (3 years)
- BSc Biological Sciences (Zoology) (3 years)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (3 years)
- BSc Neuroscience (3 years)
- BSc Applied Software Engineering
- BSc Computer Science with Security & Forensics (3 years)
- BSc Computer Science
- BEng Architectural Engineering
- BEng Civil and Environmental Engineering
- BEng Civil Engineering
- BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng Integrated Engineering
- BEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Medical Engineering
- BA Journalism and Communications
- BA Journalism, Communication and Politics
- BA Journalism, Media and English Literature
- BA Media and Communications
- BA Media, Journalism and Culture
- BScEcon International Relations
- BScEcon International Relations and Politics
- BScEcon Politics
- BScEcon Politics and Sociology
- Master of Optometry
- BSc Psychology
- BSc Criminology
- BSc Criminology and Social Policy
- BSc Criminology and Sociology
- BSc Education
- BSc Human and Social Sciences (BPS)
- BSc Social Analytics
- BSc Social Science
- BSc Sociology
- BSc Sociology and Education
- BSc Sociology and Social Policy
- BSc Architecture (Three years)