Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Learn more about student residences and private accommodation.
Our pre-sessional students tell us that living with other students in University residences is the best way to get to know the city and your classmates.
We offer an excellent standard of student accommodation:
- All single students who have firmly accepted an offer for a pre-sessional English course can apply for University accommodation for the duration of their course.
- Each student has an individual study bedroom, with 70% of rooms having private bathrooms (called 'en-suite'). Students share kitchens and recreational facilities.
- University residences are within walking distance to your classes, the Students' Union, shops and parks.
- All halls of residence have 24-hour security.
- The average cost of University accommodation is £132 per week, including utility bills.
If you would like to apply for accommodation, please submit an application via the Student Portal.
If you have already been allocated a room in University residences, please check the Arrival Information (PDF) for details of when to collect your room key.
We can provide you with a list of accommodation agencies that can arrange single or shared rooms and flats for students.
Please note that most contracts are for a minimum of six months, and agents will charge a finding fee (equivalent to one week’s rent or more) to help you locate a room or flat to rent.
We regret that we cannot take responsibility for accommodation or any contractual or financial arrangements.
You can expect to pay about £130 on rent per week for private accommodation. We recommend that you allow £90 per week on average for food and other essentials, entertainment, travel within Cardiff, and small items of personal spending.
We offer a selection of residences to suit individual preferences and budgets.