Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Every two minutes someone is diagnosed with cancer in the UK. Cancer research at Cardiff University is helping to improve outcomes for patients and develop new therapies for the future.
Our cancer research portfolio is diverse, encompassing cancer biology, drug discovery, prevention and early diagnosis. By applying our expertise and knowledge across scientific disciplines, we aim improve our fundamental understanding of cancer to improve the treatments for patients with cancer.
The College of Biomedical and Life Sciences unites cancer researchers across health and bioscientific research to produce research with impact. By understanding the molecular basis, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of cancer, we can translate this knowledge into improved care and cures for cancer patients.
We will achieve this by:
- Partnering with Cardiff and Vale University Health Board and Velindre University NHS Trust
- Engaging with clinical and non-clinical collaborators across academia and industry
- Taking innovative, multidisciplinary approaches to solving problems
- Inspiring, training and mentoring the next generation of cancer researchers.
- Turning ideas into new knowledge
- Turning new knowledge into treatments
In this way, our research will change practice all over the world.
Areas of research
Meet the team
From across the College of Biomedical and Life Science, scientists collaborate to lead Cardiff University’s cancer research theme.