Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We are proud of our history and heritage. It has helped us to build an international reputation for our teaching and research.
The Welsh College of Pharmacy was established in 1919 as part of the Technical College. We were housed in the building now known as Bute Building. Prior to 1919 there were no formal classes in pharmacy offered anywhere in Wales, the nearest available were in Bristol.
The BPharm (Wales) degree was introduced in 1936, with the first graduates in 1939.
Since the Second World War, there have been many changes including moving to a new building in 1960 and the introduction of the four year degree, the MPharm.
We are considered one of the foremost schools of pharmacy in the UK. Our influence is felt in many aspects of the practice of pharmacy in this country and around the world. Five presidents of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society were graduates from the School and the only pharmacist in recent times to be knighted, Sir Roger Jones, graduated here in 1966.