Visiting scholars programme
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We welcome applications to our visiting scholars programme.
The School of Geography and Planning has a diverse research portfolio and we play an internationally leading role in research and academic inquiry associated with the development, management and sustainability of cities, regions and rural spaces.
As part of our research agenda, we are interested in attracting high calibre visiting scholars who can make a strong and significant contribution to the School through collaborative and cooperative research opportunities, particularly in the form of accessing research funding and publishing high quality outputs. As a highly research intensive school, we seek scholars who can also make a broader contribution to the School through contributions to teaching and innovation and engagement activities. We are also keen to attract scholars that will act as ambassadors for the School both during and after their visit.
What we offer
The visiting scholars programme is open to both experienced scholars and PhD students.
As a visiting scholar you will be expected to pursue a specific research project during your time with the School and to deliver and participate in its research activities.
You will have:
- Access to University Library facilities, including borrowing rights
- Access to the University IT network (for visits over 8 weeks).
Although we are not able to provide formal supervision to PhD students on the visiting scholars programme your academic host will be available to meet with you.
Duration and fees
Visiting scholars will be based in Cardiff for a period of one week to one year.
Bench fees are payable upon arrival, £400 per month for visiting academics, reduced to £150 per month for PhD students.
We are unable to provide financial support for travel, accommodation or subsistence.
How to apply
Please return your completed application form and requested documents by email to email@example.com.
You need to submit the following documents with the application form:
- A research proposal (max 1,000 words) for the intended period as a Visiting Scholar. The proposal should define the aims of the study, its methods and any proposed outcomes as clearly as possible.
- An academic Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- PhD students - copies of your Bachelors and Masters qualifications, including transcripts with English translations if required.
- English language requirements - copies of IELTS certificate score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in each part or other equivalent English language qualifications.
- Letter (in English) from parent organisation approving funding and/or leave for this visit.