On-campus internship opportunities
As an undergraduate, you’ll get the chance to participate in a paid summer placement in the university research and learning and teaching environment.
The On-campus Internship Scheme is only available to registered Cardiff University undergraduate students.
The On-campus Internships Scheme offers you work experience, paid on an hourly rate basis, for up to eight weeks – to take part in a summer placement within any of our Academic Schools, working with supervision on research or learning and teaching projects.
Our projects provide unique opportunities for you to sample live projects, enhance your academic skills and make a more informed decision on furthering your research at postgraduate level.
As well as giving you the opportunity to work on interesting and important projects, it will also benefit you by:
- enhancing your CV with demonstrable experience
- producing outputs which can be shared with potential employers
- building your confidence by working with others
- developing valuable employability skills (such as team working, prioritisation and managing workloads, working independently as required)
- bridging the gap between university and the world of work
- helping you to understand how the University operates from an internal perspective.
As part of the Programme, you’ll also come together with other internship students at a conference to exhibit posters of your projects, sharing experiences and disseminating your findings to the University audience.
The Programme is managed by Cardiff’s Learning and Teaching Academy and is now considered to be one of the largest undergraduate internship schemes in the UK. Almost 1200 students have taken part in placements since 2008, working on such diverse projects as historical archival work, searches for new planets and cancer research.
Find out more
Learning and Teaching Academy On-campus Internships
Don't miss out. Sign up to receive our latest news, including Open Day reminders.