Fee and access plan
Under the Higher Education (Wales) Act 2015, we are required to develop a fee and access plan each year, and invest a proportion of undergraduate fee income on fee and access plan activity.
Our fee and access plan sets out the activities we will deliver to ensure equality of opportunity and fair access for groups that are under-represented in higher education, and to support them to achieve successful outcomes. This includes measures to attract applications from, and retain students from, those under-represented groups.
The plan also details how we will continue to provide higher education, including Welsh language provision, to all undergraduate students by enhancing student experience and employability.
Fee and access plan summary
In order to promote equality of opportunity, widen access to higher education, increase Welsh medium learning and improve outcomes for under-represented groups and vulnerable students, we will:
- Raise aspirations and increase access to HE amongst under-represented groups.
- Ensure that continuation rates for underrepresented groups are in line with the rest of the student population.
- Increase the number of students studying through the medium of Welsh through the enhancement of the University’s Welsh Language community, culture and provision.
- Improve the employability of under-represented students.
In order to promote higher education, improve civic engagement, ensure high quality teaching and learning and support the student voice and graduate employability, we will:
- Continue to focus on global, community and civic engagement that is impactful and of high quality.
- Provide a high-quality learning and teaching environment.
- Focus on enhancement that improves the student experience.
- Continue to provide curricula and wider opportunities to enhance student employability.
View our current plans
Fees and access plan 2022-23
The fee and access plan for 2022/23 was approved by HEFCW on 16 June 2021.
Fees and access plan 2023-2025
The fee and access plan for 2023-25 was approved by HEFCW on 28 April 2022.
Plans from previous years
Download our HEFCW approved fees and access plans from previous years: