Free software and IT services to help you to make the most of your time with us.
You can download Windows 10 for free on personal devices and stay safe online with free Sophos anti-virus software on personal Macs and/or PCs.
You can also obtain a free copy of Microsoft Office ProPlus for up to five Windows and/or Mac devices and up to five mobile devices (iOS or Android).
More information about accessing and using this software is available on the intranet, which you can access when you receive your University login details.
IT support, tools and resources
The University-wide wireless network is available free of charge and covers both Cathays and Heath Park campuses, as well as University-owned residences.
You can also access:
- computer rooms (including some which are open 24/7) on both campuses
- 24/7 IT support from the IT Service Desk
- the IT Clinic in the Students' Union
- the IT Service Desk live chat facility
- IT support at Repair IT in the Students’ Union.
Contact the IT Service Desk for help and advice on using our IT services: