Free software and IT services to help you to make the most of your time with us.
Download Windows 10 and access Microsoft Office 365 on up to five Windows and/or Mac devices and up to five mobile devices (iOS or Android) free of charge.
Stay safe online
Download free anti-virus software on your personal Macs and/or PCs.
IT support, tools and resources
The university-wide wireless network eduroam is available free of charge and covers both Cathays and Heath Park campuses, as well as university-owned residences.
You can also access:
- IT rooms (including some which are open 24/7) on both campuses
- 24/7 IT support from the IT Service Desk over the phone
- the IT Clinic in the Centre for Student Life
- IT support at Repair IT in the Students’ Union
- IT Service Desk chat service on the student intranet
Lecture capture service
Learn Plus enables the recording of lectures and other learning activities, which are then shared online through Learning Central and can be viewed online or through a mobile app. Reviewing the recordings can be especially useful around exam and assessment time.
Find more information about accessing and using IT apps, services and software on the intranet, which you can access when you receive your university login details.
Contact the IT Service Desk for help and advice on using our IT services: