Advanced Practitioner Conference
The Advanced Practice Conference is a celebration of Advanced Practice in the south east Wales region and has run annually since 2016.
The conference is designed around key note speakers and discussion forums to share best practice and is held in November, to coincide with worldwide events celebrating Advanced Practice in Nursing.
To date approximately 100 delegates have attended, to include:
- advanced nurse practitioners
- senior members of the Health board management teams from Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board and Velindre NHS Trust.
There has also been representation form the Welsh Government body, Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW). The aim is to increase the reach of the conference across Wales.
The significance of the conference is evidenced from the value placed on the event by attendees and the Advanced Practice community. Post-event evaluation rated the conference as excellent (56%) and very good (39%).
Free text comments include:
- “….very informative and excellent for networking which is essential for me, trying to do MSc.”
- “Useful demonstration of Advanced Practice initiatives”
- “…helpful in expanding my knowledge of the excellent work that is being completed by ANPs throughout Wales.”
- “Networking - really useful and important”
- “a great variety of topics”
- “Insightful panel discussion - inspired by ANP workforce and achievements”
- “Nice to see variety from across different UHBs”
- “Excellent networking and educational content.”
- “Chance to learn about wider work and network”
The networks developed during the event are instrumental in informing educational provision in the School of Healthcare and other engagement and research opportunities with our clinical partners.