The Archaeology of Wales Research Group
Archaeology of Wales is one of our major research strengths, revealing more about the nation’s fascinating past across a broad range of periods.
Archaeology of Wales is one of our major research strengths, revealing more about the nation's fascinating past across a broad range of periods.
We conduct fieldwork and material studies at sites across Wales dating from the Iron Age to the early modern period including Caerleon, Cosmeston and Llangorse.
- Excavation, survey and community archaeology at Cosmeston, Llancaiach Fawr and St Donat's.
- Iron Age & Roman Coins from Wales
- Isca, Roman legionary fortress at Caerleon
- Llangorse: A Welsh Crannog
- Settlement and economy in SE. Wales in the medieval and early modern periods
- Venta Silurum, the Roman city at Caerwent
- Zooarchaeology of Wales: Llangorse and Llanmaes
Senior Lecturer in Archaeology/ Head of Archaeology & Conservation
- +44 (0)29 2087 5627