Media, Culture and Creativity Research Group
Researching the interlinked areas of media studies, cultural studies and communication studies.
We draw together expertise, research projects and research activity across the interlinked areas of media studies, cultural studies, communication studies and the many forms of creativity engaged within the School of Journalism, Media and Culture.
Our aim is to involve not only academics but also a wide range of practitioners and professionals in both critical and creative engagements with the relations between media, creativity and cultural movements, practices and institutions.
Group members are involved in projects that connect with, explore, contribute to, intervene in and impact upon a very diverse range of media and cultural contexts.
- The Martial Arts Studies Research Network (AHRC)
- Community media-spheres and the creative citizen
- Research and enterprise in Arts and Creative Technologies
- Media, community and the creative citizen - creative citizens showcase award
- iSay: Visitor-generated content in Heritage Institutions
We are involved in a range of funded research projects. Major project topics include:
Cyfarwyddwr Ymchwil: Effaith ac Ymgysylltu, Cyd-gyfarwyddwr y Ganolfan Ymchwil Caerdydd-Efrog ynghylch Anhwylderau Ymwybyddiaeth Cronig
- +44 (0)29 208 74571
Recent and upcoming events
- The Meaning of Migration Conference (April 2014)
- UK-China Media & Cultural Studies Association Conference (January 2015)
- 30 Years of Studio Ghibli (April 2015)
- Martial Arts Studies Conference (June 2015)
- Diaspora Beyond Nationalism Conference (September 2015)
- Martial Arts Studies Conference (July 2016)