Community Gateway – Grange Pavilion Project
22 Hydref 2015
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Cardiff University’s Community Gateway is working with Architecture and Business School students and community partners to explore a wide range of ideas for transforming the vacant Grange Gardens Bowls Pavilion into a community ‘hub’ in response to Grangetown residents’ suggestions.
Working with Community Gateway and local residents’ group the Grange Pavilion Project, Grangetown Community Action, local primary schools and a wide range of residents and organisations, WSA Live teaching has included:
- 2013 Vertical Studio consultation
- 2014 Vertical Studio Ideas Picnic in the Pavilion
- 2015 Love Grangetown consultation
- 2015 BSc2 design studio which included running workshops with local Primary Schools
- 2015 BSc 3 Storytelling event
- MArch1 students developing ideas to transform the Pavilion and grounds into a community resource.
Mhairi McVicar, academic lead of Community Gateway, and Grangetown Resident Architect Neil Turnbull are researching under a £10,000 RIBA Research Trust Award to explore the Value of the Architect in supporting a Community Asset Transfer through a year of consultation with local residents over the next year.
Would you like to help or join a partnership to make this happen? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.