Ewch i’r prif gynnwys

International Exchange and European Placements

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

As part of your degree, you may be able to apply for placements either within or outside Europe. The School has exchange agreements with European* and International partners.

Most of our partners, even those in non-English-speaking countries, deliver courses and teaching in English and you can study your semester fully in English. However, a few places (eg: Paris) only offer courses in national languages. You can enrol on the Languages for All programmes at Cardiff University to improve your language skills.

Cost and funding

Maintenance loans

You may be eligible to receive help with living costs or apply for a maintenance loan at the overseas rate.

For more information, please contact the Student Support Centre (Cathays Park or Heath Park), Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales.

Student Finance travel grants

If you receive financial support from Student Finance England and Student Finance Wales, you may be able to apply for a travel grant. You may receive support towards costs incurred for travel, visas and health insurance.

For more information, contact the Student Support Centre (Cathays Park or Heath Park).

*While the UK’s future association with the Erasmus+ programme currently remains unclear, Cardiff University is committed to working with European partners to ensure that students will be able to undertake a period of study or work aboard as part of their degree. The latest information on the UK’s participation in the Erasmus+ programme can be found on the Erasmus+ UK National Agency website.