Biological and life sciences
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
The medical and life sciences now have the ability to conduct science using huge data sets.
There is a wide variety of uses and applications which include:
- extracting information from data sets without compromising privacy and confidentiality
- interpreting large data sets into reliable and understandable mathematical models
- genome mapping
- MRI scanning
- drug trialling
- maintaining public health records
- modelling protein structures.
With our research we can:
- support analysis of data
- discover relationships between properties
- build models of systems
- protect patient privacy
- address issues of handling, storage and access of data.
We work with the:
- Systems Immunity Research Institute to identify specific big data challenges and find solutions to provide ground-breaking progress into understanding immunity
- Neuroscience and Mental Health Research Institute in helping to build mathematical models from diverse data sets
- Schools of Engineering and Medicine who diagnose dementia using a range of digital tools and data which we can help improve the speed and reliability of.