Lletya yn y ganolfan ddata
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
The Redwood data centre is a state-of-the-art machine room designed to minimise energy use.
All the heat produced by the supercomputer is enclosed in a hot-aisle containment cube and cooled using an innovative water-cooling system from APC. By only targeting the hot air from the cluster and not cooling the entire machine room, a significant proportion of energy is saved compared to a conventional data centre installation.
Systems hosted in the data centre benefit from:
- APC Hot Aisle Containment cubes, with all cabinets and In-row RC Units in situ. APC Symmetra UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) units provide power to all the systems, and all components are on UPS power
- cabinets housed on a solid concrete floor with all pipes and power run in the ceiling void
- FM200 Fire Suppression System
- environmental and power monitoring systems
- secure area and CCTV
- three external ‘Turbomiser’ Units maintain the chilling infrastructure for the water-cooled racks
- backup generator.
Ask our experts
Find out how we can help with your hosting requirements:
Uwch-gyfrifiadura ar gyfer Ymchwil
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 5581