Our research degrees give you the freedom to investigate a cutting-edge topic in depth, amongst leading researchers with truly first-class facilities.
Each year we recruit approximately 50 students for higher degrees (PhD and MPhil). Our postgraduate degrees are based on independent full-time research work, with an academic supervisor to guide you in discovering new and exciting areas of chemistry.
Available PhD and MPhil courses
- Catalysis in the Cardiff Catalysis Institute (PhD/MPhil)
- Biological Chemistry (PhD/MPhil)
- Chemistry (PhD/MPhil)
- Inorganic Chemistry (PhD/MPhil)
- Organic Synthesis (PhD/MPhil)
- Physical Organic Chemistry (PhD/MPhil)
- Solid State Materials (PhD/MPhil)
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (PhD/MPhil)
We also offer PhD and MPhil research degrees in a range of other areas of chemistry.
Learn about our research courses from staff and students in the School:
General enquiries should be addressed to:
Informal applications may be made by contacting any member of academic staff whose research is of interest to you.