- October 2013 to October 2014
- Award of Cardiff University Research Leave Fellowship
- November 2011
- Paul Mellon Center for Studies in British Art award of £1,500 towards archive research into British architecture: enlightenment to early modernism - the phenomenon of shadow.
- British Academy Grant of £2,194 towards research for the project: 'The aspect of things: watching architecture - Ruskin and Italy'
- March 2006
- Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art award of £1,500 towards archive and fieldwork research into John Ruskin and Adrian Stokes’s critical observation of the architecture of Venice and Verona.
- August 2005
- Award of 2 week research residency at Henry Moore Institute Leeds for further Adrian Stokes research – Nov-Dec 2005.
- June 2004
- British Academy Grant: £2,548.00 - awarded to Menin. S. towards publication of Menin and Kite, An Architecture of Invitation: Colin St John Wilson.
- December 2002
- Graham Foundation Grant: $3,000 awarded to Kite and Menin for research towards book: An Architecture of Invitation: Colin St John Wilson.
- January 2000
- British Academy Grant: £1374.00 - for research into The Traditional Architecture of Oman: Costa and Kite.