Skip to main content

Campus Facilities complaints procedure

We aim to provide quality services and facilities that meet the needs of our customers.

If customers have any comments or concerns regarding the quality of facilities or services provided we would like to hear them and assist wherever possible.

Complaints must be made by direct service users. Complaints received from third parties will not be dealt with. For example, for University residences the complaint must be made by the resident and not a parent/guardian.

Submitting complaints

Complaints should be submitted using the stages detailed below. Most complaints can be resolved at the early resolution stages.

Complaints should be raised to the relevant manager within seven calendar days of issue occurring.

Complaints can be raised by email or by completing the customer complaint form and emailing it to the relevant manager using the contact details below.

We aim to resolve the complaint within 14 calendar days.

Complaint regardingManagerEmail
Administration - allocationsAdministration
Administration - financeFinance
Conferences and EventsConference
Catering and Food service - restaurants, cafes, buffet deliveryCatering Management
Day Care CentreDay Care Centre
Residences - Talybont North and GateResidences
Residences - Talybont Court and SouthResidences
Residences - Cartwright Court, Roy Jenkins Hall, University HallResidences
Residences - Aberconway Hall, Aberdare Hall, Colum Hall, Hodge Hall, Gordon Hall, Student Houses, Senghennydd Court and HallResidences
Sport - University Sports Training Village (Talybont), University Fitness and Conditioning Centre, Studio 51 (Senghennydd Road)Centre
Sport - University Sports Fields (Llanrumney)Grounds

Formal complaints should be raised to the Director of Campus Facilities/Deputy Director Campus Facilities (Commercial) within 14 days of date of stage one response or for complaints of a serious nature within 28 days of the issue occurring.

Complaints should be raised by completing the customer complaint form and emailing it to:

Director of Campus Facilities/Deputy Director Campus Facilities (Commercial)
c/o Administrator

Complaints received after the time limits attached to each stage will not be considered, unless you provide an exceptional reason, supported by independent evidence to demonstrate you were prevented from submitting your complaint within the normal timescale.

Complaints regarding staff employed by the Division

At any stage in the complaints procedure the complaint may be referred to the University Staff Disciplinary Procedure.

Complaints regarding students registered at Cardiff University

At any stage in the Complaints Procedure the complaint may be referred to the Student Conduct Procedure (or other relevant student procedure).

Student customers

Student customers who are unhappy with the outcome of the formal complaint decision are able to request that the decision is reviewed in line with the University Review Procedure.

Student customers are registered students of Cardiff University or former students (within 28 days of their formal leaving date).

Data protection

In order to improve the quality of the services delivered, a database of all formal complaints will be maintained by the University. The information contained (along with relevant documentation) will be confidential and used solely for reference, monitoring and analysis purposes in relation to the Complaint Procedure.

Such use will be subject to the provisions of Data Protection Legislation.

Other formats

This information is available in Braille, on audio tape/CD and in large print format. Please contact the Administration Manager:

Student help and advice

Current students are encouraged to seek support if they are experiencing difficulties. There are a number of different people who can help:

  • Residences reception (if you are staying in University residences).
  • Personal tutors or academics responsible for their programme of study.
  • Student Support offer advice and guidance during your time at University on +44 (0)29 2087 4844 or
  • For independent advice on any University procedure students can contact the Student Advice Centre in the Students’ Union:

Student Advice Centre

Student Advice Centre