Research Wales Innovation Fund Strategy 2023/24-2027/28
Research, innovation and civic mission are central to our Way Forward 2018/23 strategy.
We are committed to playing an active role in supporting Wales’ revival and renewal after the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The following principles underpin our three-year strategy to deliver innovation for all:
- placing research excellence at the heart of our innovation activities, integrating co-production into our civic mission activities, and continuing to develop greater connectivity across all three areas of the strategy;
- strategic knowledge exchange activities strengthened by our external partnerships with businesses, charities and civil society organisations, as well as Welsh Government, Cardiff Capital Region, NHS, WIN, GW4 and Western Gateway;
- growth in collaborative research awards, as well as commercial activity via start-ups and spin-outs, and other income-generating activities;
- supporting local communities to prosper through coproduced initiatives that put citizens’ needs and voices at their core;
- delivering impact from innovative training and support for staff and students, enhancing engagement with external organisations, complemented by high-quality CPD to grow skills and widen access to research expertise of value to the Welsh economy
The delivery of this ambitious plan is made possible by a grant from the Research Wales Innovation Fund from the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW).