Browse our publications to find articles, books, reports and papers written by experts in their field.
Many of our researchers make their full text freely available to view and share, supporting research innovation on a global scale.
- Bailey, G. A. et al. 2022. Longitudinal analysis of the relationship between motor and psychiatric symptoms in idiopathic dystonia. European Journal of Neurology 29 (12), pp.3513-3527. (10.1111/ene.15530)
- Brcic, L. et al., 2022. Comorbid medical issues in X-linked ichthyosis [Letter]. JID Innovations 2 (3) 100109. (10.1016/j.xjidi.2022.100109)
- Broom, E. et al. 2022. Recruitment of frontal-sensory circuits during visual discrimination. Cell Reports 39 (10) 110932. (10.1016/j.celrep.2022.110932)
- Chapman, G. et al. 2022. Using induced pluripotent stem cells to investigate human neuronal phenotypes in 1q21.1 deletion and duplication syndrome. Molecular Psychiatry 27 , pp.819-830. (10.1038/s41380-021-01182-2)
- Clifton, N. et al. 2022. Developmental disruption to the cortical transcriptome and synaptosome in a model of SETD1A loss-of-function. Human Molecular Genetics 31 (18), pp.3095-3106. (10.1093/hmg/ddac105)
- Clutterbuck, R. A. , Livingston, L. A. and Shah, P. 2022. The Four-Item Mentalising Index (FIMI) is a valid, reliable, and practical way to assess mentalising: Reply to Murphy et al. (2022). Psychological Assessment 34 , pp.405-408. (10.1037/pas0001120)
- Cruz Santos, M. , Fernandez Cardo, L. and Li, M. 2022. A novel LHX6 reporter cell line for tracking human iPSC-derived cortical interneurons. Cells 11 (5) 853. (10.3390/cells11050853)
- Daughters, K. et al. 2022. Oxytocin administration versus emotion training in healthy males: Considerations for future research. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 377 (1858) 20210056. (10.1098/rstb.2021.0056)
- Griesius, S. et al., 2022. Reduced expression of the psychiatric risk gene DLG2 (PSD93) impairs hippocampal synaptic integration and plasticity. Neuropsychopharmacology 47 , pp.1367-1378. (10.1038/s41386-022-01277-6)
- Hall, J. and Bray, N. J. 2022. Schizophrenia genomics: convergence on synaptic development, adult synaptic plasticity, or both?. Biological Psychiatry 91 (8), pp.709-717. (10.1016/j.biopsych.2021.10.018)
- Hamshere, M. L. et al. 2022. Embedding genomic research into teaching practice: the rewards and potential pitfalls. Genetics Society News 87 , pp.30-31.
- Morella, I. et al. 2022. Nicotine self-administration and ERK signaling are altered in RasGRF2 knockout mice. Frontiers in Pharmacology 13 986566. (10.3389/fphar.2022.986566)
- Mustafa, M. and Zaben, M. 2022. Minimal invasive brain surgery for epilepsy; can it be the future?. Journal of Neurology 269 (11), pp.6178-6180. (10.1007/s00415-022-11360-z)
- Namkung, H. et al., 2022. Parsing neural circuits of fear learning and extinction across basic and clinical neuroscience: Towards better translation. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 134 104502. (10.1016/j.neubiorev.2021.12.025)
- Ooi, S. Z. Y. et al. 2022. Interleukin-6 as a prognostic biomarker of clinical outcomes after traumatic brain injury: a systematic review. Neurosurgical Review 45 , pp.3035-3054. (10.1007/s10143-022-01827-y)
- Palmer, D. et al., 2022. Exome sequencing in bipolar disorder reveals AKAP11 as a risk gene shared with schizophrenia. Nature Genetics (10.1038/s41588-022-01034-x)
- Pass, R. et al. 2022. Selective behavioural impairments in mice heterozygous for the cross disorder psychiatric risk gene DLG2. Genes, Brain and Behavior 21 (4) e12799. (10.1111/gbb.12799)
- Perros, P. et al., 2022. Post-radioiodine Graves' management: the PRAGMA study. Clinical Endocrinology 97 (5), pp.664-675. (10.1111/cen.14719)
- Sanders, B. et al. 2022. Transcriptional programs regulating neuronal differentiation are disrupted in DLG2 knockout human embryonic stem cells and enriched for schizophrenia and related disorders risk variants. Nature Communications 13 (1) 27. (10.1038/s41467-021-27601-0)
- Scott, F. et al., 2022. Development of dihydropyrrolopyridinone-based PKN2/PRK2 chemical tools to enable drug discovery. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters 60 128588. (10.1016/j.bmcl.2022.128588)
- Shepherd, F. and Davies, W. 2022. An update on the presentation, nosology, and causes of postpartum psychosis. Psychiatric Times 39 (6), pp.23-25.
- Taylor, E. C. et al., 2022. Rethinking fast and slow processing in autism. Journal of Psychopathology and Clinical Science 131 (4), pp.392-406. (10.1037/abn0000734)
- Underwood, J. F. G. et al. 2022. Evidence of increasing recorded diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders in Wales, UK – an e-cohort study. Autism 26 (6), pp.1499-1508. (10.1177/13623613211059674)
- Underwood, J. et al. 2022. Neurological and psychiatric disorders among autistic adults: a population healthcare record study. Psychological Medicine (10.1017/S0033291722002884)
- Wadon, M. et al. 2022. Clinical and genotypic analysis in determining dystonia non-motor phenotypic heterogeneity: a UK Biobank study. Journal of Neurology 269 , pp.6436-6451. (10.1007/s00415-022-11307-4)
- Westacott, L. and Wilkinson, L. 2022. Complement dependent synaptic reorganisation during critical periods of brain development and risk for psychiatric disorder. Frontiers in Neuroscience 16 840266. (10.3389/fnins.2022.840266)
- Wren, G. H. and Davies, W. 2022. X-linked ichthyosis: New insights into a multi-system disorder. Skin Health and Disease 2 (4) e179. (10.1002/ski2.179)
- Wren, G. et al. 2022. Mood symptoms, neurodevelopmental traits, and their contributory factors in X-linked ichthyosis, ichthyosis vulgaris and psoriasis. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 47 (6), pp.1097-1108. (10.1111/ced.15116)
- Zheng, G. et al., 2022. A transformer-based multi-features fusion model for prediction of conversion in mild cognitive impairment. Methods 205 , pp.241-248. (10.1016/j.ymeth.2022.04.015)
Explore all of our research publications through Cardiff University's institutional repository.