HCT236 - Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy Theory and Application
This module intends to enable you to gain an in-depth understanding of occupational science and its application in occupational therapy.
It will enable you to apply occupational science theory to design and evaluate interventions.
The module is designed to help you develop the skills to:
- critically appraise key occupational science theories
- demonstrate a critical understanding of human occupation and its impact on health and well-being
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how an occupational justice-based intervention can be developed
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how an occupational justice-based intervention can be evaluated
- demonstrate critical thinking in relation to professional and clinical reasoning skills
- synthesise in an in-depth way the knowledge of occupational science and its application in occupational therapy.
This is a pathway specific module for the MSc Occupational therapy, and can be studied as a stand-alone module for occupational therapists.
Find out when this standalone module is running by downloading our Level 7 Standalone Modules Calendar:
|Notional learning time||300 hours|
Find out how to apply for stand-alone modules.