HCT342 - The Art and Science of Occupational Therapy
The aim of this module is to develop your understanding of the art and science of occupational therapy practice from a range of theoretical perspectives. You will critically explore the different theories relating to creativity (art) and its interplay with science, evaluating the relevance of these to your own area of practice.
Our aim within this module is to provide you with the knowledge to:
- develop a critical understanding of the nature of creativity, its interplay with science, and its relevance to professional practice
- critically appraise key theories relating to the art and science of professional practice
- critically analyse the principles underlying the creative process and its application to professional practice
- explore and critically evaluate theories of leadership and management, and their influence on creative practice
- critically evaluate factors that enhance or inhibit creativity and science in professional practice.
Find out when this standalone module is running by downloading our Level 7 Standalone Modules Calendar: