DSA Needs Assessment Centre
The centre is a DSA-QAG accredited needs assessment centre where students and applicants applying for DSA can be assessed and advised with regards to support for their University studies.
We have a fully equipped assessment room located within the University campus at the Cathays campus.
The centre is fully accessible to students with mobility difficulties and the campus can be accessed via car, train or bus. Further accessibility arrangements can also be made, please contact us with any other accessibility needs.
The centre is accredited by DSA-QAG. This means that the centre is committed to providing high quality needs assessments to students accessing the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) through adherence to the DSA-QAG Quality Assurance Framework (QAF).
To achieve and maintain accredited status we must demonstrate annually that we comply with the DSA-QAG quality assurance criteria. This includes:
- compliance with DSA Needs Assessments Standards and Measures
- compliance with policy and procedural requirements
- ensuring access to the required equipment for demonstration
- ensuring assessors meet the staff competency criteria
- monitoring and evaluating service delivery
- undertaking an annual audit.