Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarships Terms and Eligibility Criteria
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- be classed as an international student for fee-paying purposes
- be self-financed and not in receipt of non-repayable funding from alternative sources
- be holding an offer for an eligible undergraduate degree commencing in September 2023 at the point of submitting your scholarship application
- be able to evidence that you meet all entry requirements of your chosen course, including English language requirements by the required UCAS deadline
Conditional offer holders
- you must confirm Cardiff University as your firm choice by the UCAS deadline, and meet all offer conditions, including any English language conditions, by 20 August 2023
- applicants who do not meet the requirements of their formal UCAS offer will not be eligible for the Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship, even if they are accepted to the university
Unconditional offer holders
- you must confirm Cardiff University as your firm choice by your UCAS deadline.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Cardiff University Undergraduate International Excellence Scholarship ('the scholarship') is a full-fee or half-fee award applied to three years of study.
- 1.1. This will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only and cannot be used in place of any required deposit. No cash alternative is available.
2. Applications will be assessed on the quality of supporting statements and predicted/actual academic grades.
- 2.1 Successful applicants will be required to evidence that they have achieved AAB in A-level or local equivalent (view qualification equivalencies) as well as meeting any other offer conditions. Applicants who are awarded a scholarship but do not meet their offer conditions will have the scholarship rescinded.
- 2.2 Successful applicants will be required to confirm acceptance of the scholarship within 14 days of it being awarded. Failure to accept within this period may result in the award being reallocated.
3. The scholarship is for entry into Cardiff University in the autumn semester of the academic year 2023/24 only and cannot be used in any other year of entry.
- 3.1. If you are a deferred offer holder, you must have met the standard entry criteria for your programme for 2023/24 entry to be considered for the scholarship.
- 3.2. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the university your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you will be eligible to apply for scholarships applicable for 2024/25 entry.
4. If you are a student studying a pre-sessional English programme at Cardiff University, your pre-sessional English results will not be released until after the 20 August 2023 deadline and, therefore, you will not be eligible for an award.
5. Future requests for further funding will not be considered under this scheme.
6. Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship, bursary, funding or discount will not be eligible for the scholarship.
7. The scholarship is available for full-time and Cardiff campus-based programmes only.
8. You must be confirmed as an overseas student for fee-paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter*).
9. The scholarship is only available to self-funded students.
9.1. If you are in receipt of funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external body which will be invoiced by the university for fees (such as government, charity or a private organisation) you are not eligible for the scholarship. Students in receipt of educational loans are eligible for the award.
10. The scholarship is not available for students who are coming to study at Cardiff University for a semester or full year as part of a degree at another institution.
11. The scholarship is not available to students who are initially awarded the scholarship but, following enrolment at the university, subsequently transfer to an academic programme which is not eligible for the award of the scholarship.
- 11.1 Scholarships will be awarded to students holding offers on three-year programmes only. If you change to a four-year or five-year programme once enrolled at Cardiff University funding will only be awarded for the first three years of study.
12. The scholarship is not available for students coming to study at Cardiff University via a partnership or progression agreement with their home institution.
13. You must be able to satisfy all financial requirements as part of your visa application for study in the UK. You should not be solely relying on receiving the scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements. Further information on UKVI financial requirements for visa applications can be found online on the Visas and immigration page.
14. Please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your application and supporting documents to be reviewed and processed before the acceptance deadline noted above. This can take up to 10 working days. Please contact the Admissions Office should you have any problems submitting your application or documents. Tel: +44 (0) 2920 879999 – office hours are 09:00 – 17:00 GMT, Monday – Friday.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for these scholarships or have any queries, please contact the International Office for advice at email@example.com
*If you are assessed as eligible to pay home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to home and you will not be eligible for the scholarship.