General spectroscopy and solid-state characterisation
Our spectroscopic techniques and expert knowledge enables high quality chemical analysis.
We are also excellently equipped to characterise heterogeneous catalysts and other solid materials through the extensive analytic facilities of the Cardiff Catalysis Institute.
- Shimadzu IR Affiinity-1 Spectrometer (With ATR Accessory)
- Jasco FT-IR 660 plus Spectrometer
- Jasco V-570 UV-Vis Spectrometer
- Series of Renishaw Raman spectrometers
- Stelar FFC2000 Fast Field Cycling Relaxometer
- Jobin Yvon Fluorolog3-22 Vis/NIR time resolbed
- Adsorption techniques for surface area, pore volume and pore size determination
- Thermal gravimetric analysis and differential thermal analysis
- Temperature programmed reduction/oxidation/desorption analysis
- Elemental analysis using microwave plasma atomic emission spectroscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy with energy dispersive X-ray analysis
- Transmission electron microscopy