Impact at the School of Chemistry
Our research is working to tackle major challenges facing society, the economy and our environment.
We collaborate with many industries and national and international organisations to translate our high quality chemical research into a broad spectrum of applications. These include:
- health (e.g. novel imaging agents)
- clean chemical manufacture (e.g. exploiting benign oxidising agents)
- environmental clean-up (e.g. exhaust after-treatment)
- sustainability (e.g. replacing rare metals in catalysis)
- security (e.g. sensors for chemical warfare agents)
- energy (e.g. photocatalysis and biofuels)
Our research expertise and services are available to organisations of all sizes across a wide range of industries.