Funding and costs
The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme is part funded by a number of sponsors including all of the UK Research Councils, Welsh Government and Innovate UK, who are responsible for managing the scheme.
The sponsors provide the following funding:
- a 67% grant for SMEs
- a 50% grant for large organisations.
Each KTP grant application is assessed against a list of criteria to ensure that the proposal fits within the agreed mission and objectives of the programme.
The net cost to you varies depending on the project but as a guide:
- £25,000 per year for an SME
- £35,000 per year for a large organisation.
This investment, only slightly more than a starting wage for a high-level graduate, gives you:
- an Associate working full-time on the project
- the time of the lead academic
- a travel and equipment budget
- access to the University’ facilities and equipment that the Associate may require to do their job
- an Associate Training and Development budget which gives the Associate new skills to enhance the project further
- a range of administrative and logistical support from the University and the central KTP team.
How to apply
- A KTP grant application is completed jointly by you and the academic partner, with support from our KTP team.
- The regional KTN Adviser will visit you to confirm the project’s viability at an early stage of the process.
- The KTP team coordinate the whole application process, to ensure that the appropriate deadline is met.
The programme is open to any high-quality innovative ideas from all businesses. You can apply from any technology base or sector. Your project may also be at any research and development stage.
The upcoming submission dates are:
- 24 July 2019
- 2 October 2019
- 11 December 2019
- 5 February 2020
- 1 April 2020
Find out more
For further assistance, please contact our KTP office:
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships team
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 0952