High Performance Programme
The High Performance Programme (HPP) exists to help students excel in both their academic and sporting careers whilst studying here.
The programme provides elite student-athletes with a host of support services and aims to:
- enable elite athletes to continue to train and compete at the highest level while studying
- increase the performance level of athletes
- provide an athlete-centred service
- provide the best support and training environment
- continually improve the University’s BUCS ranking.
Applications from all sports will be considered; however, priority will be given to those athletes who are of an international standard in a BUCS sport and are willing to represent Cardiff University.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate current sporting achievement at junior international level (or equivalent).
- Current senior internationals will be given priority above juniors, with current GB senior internationals seen as the highest level possible (sport and nationality dependant).
- Applicants must show the desire and aspiration to continue performing at the highest possible level throughout their time here.
Competition for places on the programme can be very high so nothing is guaranteed and it is essential all applicants must be able to show evidence of their sporting achievements.
Anyone can apply for the High Performance Programme as long as they have met the above criteria, as well as the conditions of their offer to study at Cardiff University. Once applicants have a confirmed place at Cardiff University, which for many students is on A-level results day, applicants are welcome to apply for the High Performance Programme. Current/returning students can apply for the programme by completing an application form and returning it by the deadline below.
The deadline for applications for the 2019-2020 academic year is Friday 27 September 2019.
Following the application deadline, shortlisting and interviews will take place within the first couple of weeks of the 2019-2020 academic year.
To apply, please send our Performance Sport Officer a completed HPP application form (guidance for applicants), including one fully completed reference and details of one more referee who may be contacted if you are selected for interview.
5 August 2019
Application form for the High Performance Programme for the 2019-2020 academic year
Performance Sport Officer