Course fees and dates
There are a number of points during the year when you can join the course, each with a different fee.
To cater for different student needs and levels, the English for University Study Programme has entry points in September, January and April. To work out the best month to start, please see our entry requirements.
Semester dates and fees
|Start date||End date||Total fee|
|25 September 2023||7June 2024||£11,340|
|25 September 2023||15 March 2024||£8,100|
|25 September 2023||8 December 2023||£4,050|
|8 January 2024||7 June 2024||£7,290|
|8 January 2024||15 March 2024||£4,050|
|15 April 2024||7 June 2024||£3,240|
Paying your fees
Fees must be paid in full before or at enrolment, although September-entry students may pay fees in three instalments and January-entry students may pay fees in two instalments.
Ways to pay
We do not accept payment by cash, bank draft (cheque) or travellers' cheques. We accept the following methods of payment:
Please read this information carefully to help you to pay your EfUS fees by bank transfer.
It is your responsibility to ensure you follow the instructions on this page to allow us to trace your bank transfer payment.
- You must include the following information in the payment:
- Student number - if you do not put this, we will not know that you have paid
- Student full name
- EfUS Programme course code: BF092
- You will need to check how much your bank will charge for the bank transfer and include it in your payment. All bank charges must be covered by your payment transfer.
- Please transfer only your EfUS Programme fees.
- Do not include your accommodation fee.
- Do not include your undergraduate or postgraduate tuition fees.
- After payment, please send us a copy of your bank transfer receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank Address: Lloyds Bank, 1 Queen Street, Cardiff, CF10 2AF
Account Name: Cardiff University Receivables Account
Account Number: 17855560
Sort Code: 30-67-64
IBAN Number: GB70 LOYD 3067 6417 8555 60
Some of the above methods may incur bank charges which vary depending on your country but are usually between £5 and £20. Please ensure you allow extra money for any bank charges when paying your fees.
If you will be sponsored (for example, by your government or by another institution), please ensure you bring your financial guarantee letter with you when you begin the EfUS course term.
You can send us your financial guarantee letter by email to ELP Finance as soon as you receive it.
Tuition fee policy
Please read the University’s Tuition fee policy.
- Payment for courses at English Language Programmes Division must be made in full before or at enrolment.
- If you are unable to pay before or at enrolment, you will be fully enrolled but with outstanding financial issues which need to be resolved within 28 days of the start of your course. If payment is not made within 28 days of the start of your course, your enrolment with us could be cancelled and in this situation you could be in breach of your student visa.
- If you withdraw, you will be charged on a pro rata basis on the number of weeks between the start of the course and date of withdrawal.
- An appropriate refund will be made if necessary via the method of payment used for the original payment. Any charges for this will be paid by the payer.
Secure your place on the English for University Study Programme now.