Firm and Insurance applicants
To ensure you are guaranteed a single occupancy place in University residences you will need to:
- Submit your online application on or before 09:00 Monday 29 July 2019 (Firm applicants) or Saturday 31 August 2019 (Insurance applicants). Please note that applications for Insurance applicants open on A Level results day.
- Receive/accept an unconditional offer to study by Saturday 31 August 2019.
- Accept your online Offer of Residence within 5 days of your room being allocated.
- Arrive and collect your room key within the dates/times specified in the Arrival Information.
Due to the embargo periods for both Scottish and A’Level results, UCAS applicants will not be able to access the Cardiff Student Portal from:
- 18:00 Monday 29 July to 09:00 Tuesday 6 August - the Cardiff Student Portal will be available sometime in the afternoon on 6 August
- 14:00 Friday 9 August to 06:00 Thursday 15 August - the Cardiff Student Portal is planned to be closed from the afternoon of Friday 9 August to the morning of Thursday 15 August.
- If your online application is received after the deadline or you receive/accept an unconditional offer to study after Saturday 31 August 2019, we will do our best to accommodate you and your application will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- If you are unable to arrive within the specified dates, your Offer of Residence will be withdrawn and your room allocated to another student. We will no longer be able to guarantee you a place in University residences and you will need to contact the Residences Office when your travel date is confirmed to check room availability.