Environmental Compliance Officers
- Responsible to the Head of School/Head of Department.
- To act as liaison between the School/College/Professional Service and Safety and Staff Wellbeing (SSWEL).
- To be an ex-officio member of the School/College/Professional Service Safety, Health and Environment Committee.
- To maintain environmental documentation relating to the School/Professional Service SHE Management system (including: identification of environmental aspects and inclusion within HAZMAP, involvement in setting
- School/College/Professional Service objectives and targets, maintenance of School/Department environmental register).
- To follow an appropriate programme of development including participating in training and awareness sessions so that an appropriate standard of environmental sustainability knowledge is maintained.
- To provide general environmental sustainability advice, or where appropriate to refer members of the School/College/Professional Service to the SSWEL Division.
- To disseminate environmental sustainability information and reports to appropriate members of School/College/Professional Service staff and students.
- Work with the University EMS Steering Group on implementation of Environmental sustainability objectives and targets.
- Act as a contact for information and training related to ESDGC (Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship).
- Liaise with the School/College/Professional Service Safety Committee to review environmental sustainability procedures within the School/College/Professional Service.
The suggested guide time for ECO roles is 1-2 hours per week depending on the size of the School/College/Professional Service.