Keeping you updated
Last updated: 04/08/2022 13:30
We use a wide range of student communications channels to keep you connected to our community and make sure you get the information you need.
Your university email
Please check your emails regularly to ensure that you receive important information relevant to you. Our emails will come from a @cardiff.ac.uk address and include:
- Messages from the Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students: Our Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students, Claire Morgan, writes to all students at the beginning of each month. Urgent or significant announcements may also be sent through this channel.
- Messages from your academic school: these messages are specifically about your school, and any updates that may affect you and your studies.
- Student News: Student News is our main channel for sharing updates with our students. It features a round-up of news posted on the intranet and is sent to all students every Monday.
- Audience-specific communications: We send out regular emails to specific student groups, including those living in university residences, international students, and students who are vulnerable or disabled.
After enrolling, you’ll have access to a range of digital resources including the intranet. The intranet is a comprehensive source of essential information and is home to many useful resources on topics including:
- supporting your study
- looking after your health and wellbeing
- practical advice for living in Cardiff and the UK
- managing your money
- preparing for your future
- listening to your student voice
As you log in to access your emails, Learning Central, SIMS, or anything else related to your student experience, take note of the news and announcements displayed on the intranet homepage to help keep you informed.
- find out useful information about the university and your course
- check where you need to be and plan your day
- access all of your student data, including library loans and print credit
- check in for your Student Life appointments
- receive instant notifications to keep you up to date
Our social media accounts are a great source of social engagement and interaction including top tips for learning, looking after yourself, useful resources, interesting content and university news. You can find us on:
The easy way to plan your day, check where you need to be, and access help and support.