Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK)
The HSK is an international standardised examination that assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Mandarin Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives.
Cardiff Confucius Institute within the School of Modern Languages is an approved test centre for the HSK.
The HSK consists of six levels, from HSK 1 (beginner) to HSK 6 (advanced). If you are unsure which level is most appropriate for you, please contact your Chinese language tutor or the Cardiff Confucius Institute for information and advice. Exam fees apply to both internal and external candidates.
|Level||Test total duration (minutes)||Student fee||Individual fee|
The HSK will run on the following dates in 2019:
- Saturday 23 February 2019 (registration deadline: 21 January 2019)
- Saturday 13 April 2019 (registration deadline: 11 March 2019)
- Saturday 15 June 2019 (registration deadline: 13 May 2019)
- Saturday 13 July 2019 (registration deadline: 10 June 2019)
- Saturday 30 November 2019 (registration deadline: 28 October 2019)
Depending on demand, other test dates may be available. HSK test dates for 2020 will be announced in early December 2019. Please contact your Chinese language tutor or the Cardiff Confucius Institute for more information.
To register for the exam please complete and return the registration form. Please note that the deadline for registration is at least one month before the test date.
Payment can be made by cheque made payable to “Cardiff University”, or by card by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Upon successful registration and payment you will receive a confirmation email.
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4183