Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit: www.textron.com.
The 12 month Supply Chain Placement is one of constant demand and changing priorities. Our Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Team actively supports and manages areas from product development, sourcing, production, and inventory management; as well as the information systems needed to coordinate these activities in the most effective and efficient way possible. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate a really strong desire to succeed in a Supply Chain environment, who are studying a credible degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or similar. The candidate must be a confident and forward thinking individual who wishes to learn and develop with an international business.
The projects/tasks will be varied, allowing you to gain a broad understanding of the entire business function. They will include, but are not limited to:
- Aiding the implementation and maintenance of the supply chain processes by way of continuous improvement;
- Managing relationships with external suppliers;
- Implement and monitor Inventory Management controls;
- New Product Development (NPD) support (outsourced purchased parts);
- Produce weekly/monthly status reports on KPIs;
- Track monthly commodity / currency market conditions;
- Construct Request For Information (RFI) and Request For Quotation (RFQ) packages to support resourcing activities with our Buyers;
- To work closely with Quality to ensure suppliers provide products and services as intended. To proactively participate in the resolution of Quality issues alongside Supplier Quality Engineers;
- To work closely with Engineering to achieve the introduction of engineering improvements, new product introduction and technology developments working within specification, cost and time constraints;
- To participate in global ISC projects when required;
- To be prepared to take the lead project role for Purchasing as required by the business;
- Actively participate in the continual development of the supply base to achieve ‘cost of purchase’ reductions to meet the needs of the business;
- To proactively seek out new methods of purchasing and proactively exploit the potential of those approaches within our business.
You should be enrolled in a sandwich degree in a Supply Chain, Business or related field;
- Prior internships/work experience is advantageous;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel;
- Good attention to detail, decision making and problem
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://textron.taleo.net/careersection/textron/jobdetail.ftl?job=273825 →