Customer service excellence
We are committed to providing a service which is friendly, helpful and responsive to your needs.
Customer service is an integral part of the University Library Service and we are proud to hold the Customer Service Excellence standard. We are committed to continuous improvement in customer service.
Customer service promise
Our customer service promise sets out in greater detail what you can expect from the libraries.
- provide welcoming, safe, comfortable and accessible study spaces within all our libraries and service points
- deliver high quality resources to meet your learning, teaching and research needs and make access to these as easy as possible
- ensure our staff are approachable, well trained and knowledgeable and treat our users with courtesy and respect
- teach you the skills you need to use library resources effectively and independently
- make your needs our primary focus when considering improvements to library services
- listen and value your feedback and communicate with you in a clear, honest and timely way
- collaborate with partners across the library service, University, NHS Wales and wider community to develop and enhance our services.
We encourage and welcome your feedback as this will provide us with the opportunity to improve. You can share your feedback by visiting our libraries, or by contacting us.
Customer Service Excellence standard
We are very proud to have held the Customer Service Excellence standard since 2013. In May 2022 we were awarded 13 Compliance Plus elements. Backed by the Cabinet Office, the Customer Service Excellence standard recognises organisations that truly put their customers at the core of what they do.
We welcome your feedback about the library service.