Event showcases effective collaboration
28 Medi 2016
Cardiff Business School hosted the 2nd Annual Showcasing Effective Collaboration in Public Procurement event on Wednesday 14 September 2016.
The event was held in Julian Hodge Lecture Theatre at Cardiff University and led by Dr Jane Lynch, lecturer in Supplier Manager for the Logistics and Operations Management (LOM) section and a Senior Associate of the Institute for Collaborative Working (ICW).
This year’s event brought together a diverse range of speakers who highlighted compelling and impactful forms of collaboration affecting social, economic, environmental and cultural matters. This focus on wider social issues, beyond only the economic, aligns with Cardiff Business School’s Public Value strategy and commitment to engendering social improvement.
More than 55 delegates registered for the event and were engaged in a full and varied agenda. The event included several formal presentations:
- Andrew Crossley, Serv Q Alliance presented the updated tools and templates available in the Welsh Government’s Joint Bidding Guide (PAM Model)
- Sally Milton STTEPS (Supporting Independent Living) gave a candid account of setting up and delivering contracts as part of a consortium
- Nicola Thomas, Head of Innovative Delivery, Rural Development & Natural Resources Management, Welsh Government, talked about the sustainable management of natural resources
- Jannine Crees, NHS Shared Services Wales discussed the Integrated Health & Social Care Collaborative Commissioning Project
- Tracey Collingwood, Highways England spoke about understanding behaviours and how to measure and monitor the impact of collaboration
- Julian Edwards, Abellio Rail, outlined the process for gaining BS 11000 accreditation
- Glyn Crier, BAM Nuttall, discussed crisis management and collaboration and the importance of relationships and having the right partners in place (using case study of Dawlish railway maintenance)
The Showcasing Effective Collaboration events have proved very successful, highlighting best practice and sharing insights and current thinking across the public procurement arena. The 3rd Annual event will take place in 2017 thanks to the sponsorship of ICW.
ICW provided the refreshments for all attendees and speakers.