Celebrating staff publications
30 January 2014
The School of Welsh will be launching its staff's most recent publications on Monday 3 February 2014 at 6.00pm in the Council Chamber in the company of Lord Dafydd Elis-Thomas PC AM.
Nine publications and a website will be launched on the night, showcasing the works of Dr Dylan Foster Evans, Dr Jeremy Evas, Dr Diana Luft, Prof Diarmait Mac Giolla Chríost, Dr Rhiannon Marks and Prof Colin Williams.
The evening will be an opportunity for the authors themselves, friends of the School and publishers to recognize the results of years of hard work. Copies of some publications will be available to buy on the night:
The publications to be launched are:
- Evas, J. 2013. The Welsh language in the digital age - Y Gymraeg yn yr Oes Ddigidol. Papur Gwaith. Berlin: META-NET.
- Foster Evans, D., Lewis, B. J. & Parry Owen, A. gol. 2013. Gwalch Cywyddau Gwŷr: Ysgrifau ar Guto'r Glyn a Chymru'r Bymthegfed Ganrif / Essays on Guto'r Glyn and Fifteenth-Century Wales. Aberystwyth: Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, University of Wales.
- Mac-Giolla Chriost, D. 2013. Welsh writing, political action and incarceration: Branwen's starling. Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Mac-Giolla Chriost, D. 2012. Jailtacht: the Irish language, symbolic power and political violence in Northern Ireland, 1972-2008. Cardiff: University of Wales Press.
- Marks, R. 2013. 'Pe gallwn, mi luniwn lythyr': golwg ar waith Menna Elfyn. Y Meddwl ar Dychymyg Cymreig. Cardiff: University of Wales Press.
- O'Flatharta, P., Sandberg, S. & Williams, C. 2014. From act to action: language legislation in Finland, Ireland and Wales. Project Report. Dublin: Fiontar.
- Thomas, H a Williams, C. 2013 Parents, Personalities and Power: Welsh medium schools in South East Wales. Cardiff: University of Wales Press
- Williams, C. 2013. Minority language promotion, protection and regulation: the mask of piety. Language and Globalization. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Diana Luft - http://www.rhyddiaithganoloesol.caerdydd.ac.uk/
For further information regarding the launch please contact Lois Roberts, School of Welsh: Robertslm2@cf.ac.uk / 02920 870637.