Outstanding Academic Title award
15 February 2016
Professor Paul Atkinson’s most recent book, For Ethnography, has been named as an Outstanding Academic Title for 2015 by Choice, the publication for academic librarians.
Outstanding Academic Title awards, announced in January each year, are extremely selective and reflect the best scholarly titles reviewed by Choice during the previous calendar year.
This prestigious list is chosen based on several criteria:
- overall excellence in presentation and scholarship
- importance relative to other literature in the field
- distinction as a first treatment of a given subject in book or electronic form
- originality or uniqueness of treatment
- value to undergraduate students
- importance in building undergraduate library collections
For Ethnography, published by Sage, is a major work recapturing the classic inspirations of ethnographic fieldwork in sociology and anthropology, reflecting on decades of methodological development and empirical research. It is part manifesto, part guidance on the appropriate focus of the ethnographic gaze.