Working with Newport Wafer Fab to create a talent development programme
16 Mawrth 2020
The Executive Education team are currently working with Newport Wafer Fab on a talent development programme.
Created in close collaboration with Newport Wafer Fab, the CPD programme has been offered to 12 of the organisation’s brightest talents, focussing on their development as the next generation of leaders.
Newport Wafer Fab has a rich history of working with the University to offer professional development and exciting learning opportunities for their staff.
This programme, in partnership with Cardiff Business School’s Executive Education, creates an opportunity for talented individuals to progress and prepares them to assume significant leadership and management roles at Newport Wafer Fab.
The programme is held on-site at Newport Wafer Fab’s premises and comprises 6 sessions in key areas identified by senior managers at the organisation. Experts at Executive Education have devised a programme that is wholly applicable to the client’s workplace, so that following each session, delegates can practically apply their learning immediately.
Each module is delivered by a different academic and contextualised to Newport Wafer Fab’s needs so as to inspire the group and encourage delegates to think differently within their own work environment. In this way, the programme will prepare delegates to embrace innovation, leading the workforce and organisation into new technologies and markets.
Talent Development Programme sessions
Performance Management and Leadership
- Developing knowledge and understanding of key performance management techniques and practices; aligning these to the organisation’s vision.
Finance for Non-Finance Management
- Interpreting accounts, profit and loss statements, balance sheets and financial rations, as well as developing skills in budget forecasting and control.
Leadership and Professionalism
- Understanding different approaches to leadership, the difference between leaders as individuals and leadership as a process, and the importance of high performing teams.
Presenting the Best You
- Developing performance skills as a leader, including how to condense and simplify ideas, particularly in a technical workplace.
- Exploring a leader’s role within the strategic management of the organisation, as well as awareness and application of strategic processes, management concepts and analytical tools.
Negotiation and the next steps
- Understanding how powers of persuasion can secure decisions in the best interest of the company, managing stakeholders and knowing when to walk away; role play to develop listening and consultancy skills.
Outcomes and impact
The programme is now underway and initial feedback has been excellent. As the programme progresses, we will be gathering robust and comprehensive evaluations from the participants, as well as arranging a focus group for further feedback.
If you are interested in working with the University, contact us for an initial chat about opportunities for your organisation.