FREE Community Oncology CPD course
26 October 2018
We are pleased to announce that a brand new FREE Community Oncology course is taking place in March 2019.
This course is a response to the need for increasing the awareness of community healthcare practitioners about cancer: recognition, diagnosis and referral.
Suitable for all community healthcare practitioners, the course will help you to recognise the early signs of cancer and manage referrals quickly and effectively.
Some of the topics covered on the course include:
- What's important to patients
- Why primary care teams matter
- The patient journey
- Treatments, side effects and impact on the patient
- Supporting patients and their families
- Communication skills - the Cardiff 6 point plan.
You will benefit from discussion and interaction with others working in oncology and palliative care.
Sessions will be included with delegates contributing:
- Individual impact statements on areas they wish to develop
- Individual statements on how they intend to develop their team knowledge (shared practice).
When is it on?
20 March 2019. Venue and timings to be confirmed.
Kindly funded by Macmillan Cancer Support, this course is completely free to attend. You can register your interest here. Please note that at present, the course is open to register your interest. Please sign up and as soon as we are able to accept bookings, we will contact you.
If you have any questions or queries about the course, please don't hesitate to contact our friendly team: