Why fundraise with us
Anyone can fundraise as a member of #TeamCardiff – whether you’re a student, staff, member of our global alumni community, or are just passionate about our research causes.
#TeamCardiff fundraising supports our neuroscience and mental health, and cancer research. Early career researchers can apply for grants of up to £10,000. These grants provide a launch pad for researchers to explore new ideas and unlock future funding opportunities.
By supporting the next generation of researchers you’re nurturing new talent and investing in innovative ideas. Your support will accelerate life-changing discoveries to improve prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for people living with a wide range of conditions.
Cancer researchers at Cardiff University are improving outcomes for people living with some of the most common cancers such as breast, prostate and bowel, as well as those that are rarer or hard to treat. Find out more about our cancer research.
Neuroscience and mental health research
Our neuroscience and mental health researchers are developing new treatments for a wide range of debilitating conditions including ADHD, depression, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s. Find out more about our neuroscience and mental health research.
How your fundraising could help
- £50 could fund a research fellow for 2.5 hours so that ground-breaking new treatments can be evaluated.
- £100 could fund blood and saliva analysis kits to identify biomarkers linked to mental illness.
- £250 could provide specialist equipment to study proteins and DNA.
- £500 could pay for special materials needed to grow human cancers as 3D structures for testing new drugs.
- £1,000 could pay for the specialist fluorescent bulb used to image cells at high resolution for a whole year.
- £5,000 could pay for the resources needed to study live cells in a state-of-the-art imaging system.
100% of the fundraising monies received by Cardiff University will go directly to your chosen university research cause.
How fundraising can help you
Fundraising for our research is a great way to make a difference and have fun at the same time. It can be a chance to get to know new people or reconnect with old friends. Your fundraising can help you get active, develop new skills, build your confidence, and even boost your CV.
It’s also a special way to celebrate, support, and remember loved ones who may be affected by cancer, or neurological or mental health conditions. If you would like to fundraise in memory, please get in touch.
Ready to fundraise with #TeamCardiff?
Get in touch to let us know how you’d like to fundraise. We can help with all the advice and support you need to reach your target.
Find a fundraising idea to suit your passions and showcase your skills.