Terms and conditions
Thank you for your interest in joining #TeamCardiff to run Cardiff Half Marathon.
Each of our free charity places represents an essential source of fundraising towards Cardiff University’s neuroscience and mental health, and cancer research. We have invested in our charity places, so that we can provide them free to our fundraisers. Our terms and conditions, and our application process are designed to help maximise #TeamCardiff’s fundraising and accelerate life-changing research discoveries.
- By claiming one of our free charity places we expect all our runners to commit to raise at least the minimum fundraising target of £250 excluding Gift Aid.
- Until you have registered with Active.com AND set up your JustGiving page, your free place is not guaranteed.
- If you do not set up your JustGiving page within 2 weeks of registering with Active.com, we reserve the right to withdraw your charity place.
- If you have not raised 25% of the fundraising target by 23 July 2023, we reserve the right to withdraw your place, however we will make every effort to work with you to help your fundraising. If you register for the event after 23 July 2023, we’ll get in touch to discuss how we can support you to hit your fundraising target.
- We understand things change. If you are unable to run, or decide not to, please let us know before the transfer deadline of 3 August 2023 so we can reallocate your charity place. After this date, your place cannot be reallocated and will be wasted.
- Unfortunately, if you withdraw after the transfer deadline of 3 August 2023 your place and fundraising cannot be deferred to the next Cardiff Half event.
- 100% of the donations we receive will go directly to your chosen Cardiff University research cause.
- Our limited charity places are allocated using the information you provide in your application, as well as the order that we receive applications. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer everyone a place, and application is not a guarantee of a place. If you are not successful, we will add you to a reserve list and get in touch should a space become available. Please note that our decision is final.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)29 2087 6551.