We aim to grow our world-leading research, delivering disciplinary excellence and interdisciplinary distinction, increasing our international profile and generating global impact.
To realise this research ambition the College of Biomedical and Life Sciences has structured its research around six broad themes with evidence of underpinning excellence:
The themes are intended to support the objectives of the University’s strategy The Way Forward 2018-2023.They will be the primary research drivers, and will facilitate the development and integration of research across the full spectrum of the College’s activities.
The themes will:
- enable the College to develop critical mass, coherence and scale
- deliver excellence across a broad range of College research activities
- identify, build and support inter- and intra-College collaborations
- foster research where the College has the potential to be world leading
- identify and grow interdisciplinary research synergies
- aid the development and enhancement of international links
- facilitate better engagement with external funders
- provide focus in the pursuit of Cardiff University’s ‘Way Forward’ strategy.
Each theme has an appointed ‘Lead’ with oversight from the College’s Dean of Research.
Professor Awen Gallimore
Co-Director of Systems Immunity Research Institute
- Welsh speaking
- +44 (0)29 2068 7012
Developmental and Regenerative Biology
Dr Mike Taylor
- +44 (0)29 2087 5881
Immunology, Infection and Inflammation
Professor Andrew Godkin
- +44 (0)29 2068 7003
Mechanisms of Living Systems
Professor Peter Kille
Director of Technology, Bio-Initiatives Director
- +44 (0)29 2087 4507
Mind, Brain and Neuroscience
Professor Krishna Singh
Professor, Head of Human Electrophysiology
- +44(0)29 2087 4690
Dr Liba Sheeran
- +44 (0)29 206 87757
Find out our plans for research within the College of Biomedical and Life Sciences between 2016-2018.